SG Guitar Kit
Share this Product
- The SG Guitar Kit includes all the parts you need to build your own custom electric guitar in this classic style.
- This kit features fine tone woods, high-quality electronics and precise craftsmanship, resulting in unmatched sound and playability.
- A contoured, flattop body offers ease-of-play and comfort without sacrificing tone.
- Dual humbuckers offer a full, rich sound without the noise.
- Two tone knobs, two volume knobs and a three-way pickup selector let you achieve a wide array of sounds.
|Scale Length||24.75" (628 mm)|
3-Way Pickup Selector
|Pickups||2 Humbuckers (HH)|
A classic rock workhorse, the SG is simple and straightforward while still packing a punch. A contoured body and dual cutaways allow for excellent comfort and playability, while twin humbuckers and a through-neck lend a substantial, resonant tone. An ultra-fast neck makes the SG Guitar Kit a perfect match for speedy playing styles in genres such as rock, metal and blues.
The SG Guitar Kit Includes:
- Pickups and Electronics
- Instrument Cable
- Tools for Assembly
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need advanced woodworking skills?
Not at all! The SG Guitar Kit—like all of the kits we sell at CustomGuitarKits.com—is easy to assemble. Most of the hard work has been done for you. Some gluing and soldering may be required, but most pieces fit together mechanically with bolts, nuts and screws. All kits come with basic instructions, and additional help is available on CustomGuitarKits.com.
What tools and supplies do I need?
Nearly everything you need comes in the kit. In addition, you'll need a screwdriver and a soldering iron (to install the hardware and electronics) as well as wood glue and a clamp (to set the neck in the body).
Do I need to perform any cutting/drilling/routing?
No! All parts come fully drilled and routed, with all fretwork and inlays in place. All you need to do is fit the neck, hardware and electronics to the body.
Do the kits come with paint/stain/finish?
Each guitar body comes unfinished in natural wood. If you wish, you can use the paint, stain or finish of your choice.